Op 12/05/2020 om 23:05 schreef Noel Duffy via fpc-pascal:

function TryStrToHostAddr(IP: String; var ip4: in_addr): Boolean;
function TryStrToHostAddr6(IP: String; var ip6: in6_addr): Boolean;

Rationale for this request: All conversion calls in sysutils and dateutils use this naming scheme, it's good for consistency.

(and I hate underscores, but that's beside the point ;))

Yes to the principle and yes to the TryStrTo naming. But I would make the IP param CONST ;-)

Good idea, and normally I would, but the current implementation of StrToHostAddr (see below) does Delete on IP as it processes it. As it currently stands this function must accept a non-const.

Miight have been when posex() was in strutils, however nowadays Pos() accepts a start index too. Even shortstring only versions.