On Wed, 13 May 2020, Christo Crause via fpc-pascal wrote:

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 11:11 PM Noel Duffy via fpc-pascal <
fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

Sure, I can do that. I will look at creating a patch for this. For your
purposes, do you prefer to have a new bug in the bug tracker opened for
tracking this change?

If your patch is related to an existing open bug report then keep updates,
discussions etc. under the same report, else the information gets
fragmented. A reporter cannot delete his/her own old patches, so just
append a version number to a new patch, if the patch completely replace a
previous patch, and mention the changes/updates in a comment. In your case
something like StrToHostAddr6-v2.patch for an updated patch.

That is correct if you want to fix a wrong patch.

But not what you should do for this case, because there are 2
issues: fix existing api, and extend the existing api (a refactor).

So: separate reports, and if so desired add a link in 'related to'.