On 9/10/22 10:57 AM, James Richters wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion

I think the syntax should be:
type myKeyEvent = IPTCKeyEvent;
Var myShiftStatus : boolean;

myShiftStatus := myKeyEvent.Shift;

i told you i probably had the syntax wrong :lol:

but I get IPTCKeyEvent not found.  I wonder if it's only designated as
internal.. or if I need to use something other than PTCGraph and PTCCRT

you're probably not using the ptc unit directly so you can use it in your
code...

i don't like this documentation format without examples but it is what it is...

  https://ptcpas.sourceforge.io/api-reference/ptc/index-4.html

also look here in procedure GetKeyEvents...

https://github.com/alrieckert/freepascal/blob/master/packages/graph/src/ptcgraph/ptccrt.pp

if you are already using PTC's keyevents, then you should be able to get the shift status already...

i'm not even going to try writing any code this time... i don't have FPC or even TP/BP installed any more since i stopped writing code for fidonet stuff some years back ;)