Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org>
schrieb am Sa., 24. Juni 2023, 14:18:

> On Sat, 24 Jun 2023, Mattias Gaertner via fpc-pascal wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > With development fpc I get a lot of messages like:
> >
> > fgl.pp(1112,1) Note: (3123) "inherited" not yet supported inside inline
> > procedure/function
> >
> > Since most users can't do anything about the fgl inline modifier, this
> > message dilutes the output.
> >
> > IMO such a message should be off by default.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> The simplest solution is to remove the inline modifier, since it is clearly
> superfluous for that routine.
>
> According to Florian, inline should not be used to begin with, since the
> compiler should be able to decide autonomously to inline a routine or not.

I don't agree with Florian here cause the compiler detecting an inlineable
routine that's declared in the interface section means an interface change
after the interface section was already parsed and thus leading to the
necessity to do recompilations which are already not working that well.

Regards,
Sven