All,

First of all, thanks for the tool.. I've found many uses for fping, and was
hoping that I could use it for several other applications. So I was
wondering:

    1. I have the need to send a tcp packet in places that don't have ICMP
enabled - eg. is there way for fping to send a tcp packet to a known port
(like port 80)? I know that there is hping, but afaict it doesn't have a
'bulk' switch to send it in many places at once.
    2. Is there a parallelism switch for bulk usage? I'd like to experiment
with how many hosts are being pinged in parallel to optimize for time.
    3. what is the fastest way to run fping given a large number of hosts?
I've played around with the switches, etc, and the fastest I can get is
about a minute to ping 600 hosts (some available some not), and have a
feeling that I could make it a lot faster.

Thanks much for any info. Again, I have the need to ping potentially
thousands of hosts in a very quick, resource-unobtrusive way in multiple
environments which may or may not have ICMP enabled - and fping looked like
it would be a good fit for this.

Ed