On Wed, 3 Sep 2008, Pavel Herrmann wrote:

> That doesn't sound good, have anyone (John?) tried to ask AuthenTec (or
> possibly lenovo) for a linux driver or even hardware specifications that
> could be used for writing a driver? I know that it is not probable but why
> not try the easiest way first.

No Luck from AuthenTec.  On the bright side I seemed to get a response who
took the request seriously, and responded intelligently.  Basically they
only give out specs under mutual NDA, and while they understand the
"growing interest in Linux", they will only work with a direct customer of
theirs.

Haven't tried lenovo, as there doesn't seem to me a simple tech support
email, it looks liek I'd have to open a trouble ticket, which is waay
overkill foor this. Plus the odds are very very low.

In short, we're on our own.

john.c

--
John Clemens                      http://www.deater.net/john