We have a set of user guides, with up to 4 chapters which are in common.
Obviously it is sensible to have only one copy of these chapters which
will be referred to in each book.
At the moment, our directory structure is as follows:
Each book has its own directory, with all relevant files in, and with a
sub directory containing all relevant graphics.
The directory generally changes its name with each software release.
We plan to put the 4 common files in a directory called GenericXProdcut
files.
What is the best directory structure to maintain such a product?
(At the moment the path is
 E:/Manuals/ProductXV7/bookX
E:/Manuals/ProdcutYV7/BookY
E:/Manauals/ProdcutzV7/bookZ
E:/Manuals/ProductA V7/BookA
E:/Manuals/GenericProductfiles,

Will this work on the long term, or should I be doing this differently

Caroline Tabach
Technical/Marcom Writer

Fax:         +972 3 6474681
Email:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]