Peter Rule wrote:

You are correct, I am cut/copy and pasting within a Frame doc and
the, otherwise useful suggestion to edit the maker.ini file has no
effect on the paste special order in this context.

Thanks anyway, looks like I'll just have to suffer that extra click.

You don't have to suffer an extra click. In fact, you don't have to suffer *any* clicks after positioning your cursor, if you forgo the mouse and use keyboard shortcuts. You'll also increase your productivity enormously over time.

For the case in point, (on Windoze) type Alt-e, s, t, Enter, and your copied material is pasted as text in less time than it would take just to open the Edit menu by mousing. The sequence is easy to remember, too -- (e)dit, (s)pecial, (t)ext.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator