Christiane,

I assume you use Windows and that you print your Framemaker-book to PostScript
via an installed PostScript printer.
In Control Panel, right click the PostScript printer and choose Properties ->
Device Settings. Make sure "Convert Gray Text to PostScript Gray" and "Convert
Gray Graphics to PostScript Gray" are set to Yes. If they were set to No, I
think this is what is causing the problem with your black text getting
converted to RGB. Changing it to Yes should prevent this. I have those options
set to Yes and black text is correctly preserved as K=100% from Frame to PDF
(while all other use of colours in text-elements gets converted to RGB).

More info on this:
"True gray" support options for both vector graphics and text. Defaulted to
"no" values, when set to "yes" the "Convert Gray Text to PostScript Gray" and
"Convert Gray Graphics to PostScript Gray" assume that for all text and vector
graphics objects respectively, color values in which the red (R), green (G),
and blue (B) values match are really an expression of grayscale as opposed to
RGB color. The default "no" results in those RGB values passed through to the
printer or Distiller as-is. The "yes" value can dramatically improve output
quality for black and grayscale text and vector graphics for PostScript color
printers that do not automatically make assumptions about and convert R=G=B
values to K values. The "yes" value also assists in creating prepress-friendly
PostScript and PDF from applications that do not generate their own PostScript
(including Adobe FrameMaker, Microsoft Office, and other popular office suite
and productivity programs). [I recommend that users always set these values to
"yes" - Dov.]
Source: http://www.planetpdf.com/mainpage.asp?webpageid=1509

Good luck,
/Martin

.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Christiane Crety (CC)