Our company has just changed printers and I have received a request for
grayscale print-ready PDFs rather than the full colour PDFs we have
always delivered (the Adobe recommended method of producing PDFs for
sending to commercial printers). To generate grayscale, we used the
Properties > General Tab > Printing Preferences > Paper Quality tab >
Color = Black & White option. The resulting PDF was less than two-thirds
the size of the original colour version. My question to the list is,
what kind of impact if any is this likely to have on the print quality?

Provided you didn't downsample any of the images in setting your
preferences, there should be no drop in print quality.

--
Bill Swallow
Senior Member STC, TechValley Chapter