Try setting the Anchored Frame to centered and the width of the text
column. Then set the left indent of the graphic to the indent of the
preceding tag.

Art

On 1/31/07, Rene Stephenson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi All,

  (FM7.2 on WinXP) Our templates and style guide have the graphics and tables
left-aligned with captions. However, when the figure is an integrated graphic
in a procedure, it looks a bit odd to have the figure and caption all the way
over against the left edge of the text frame when the surrounding text is at
various levels of indentation—.25 inches for numbered steps and additional .25
inches for substep or bullet levels, potentially .75 inches from the left
margin, if the graphic appears after options in an alpha substep, like a short
bulleted list under step 3 (b). (I hope that make sense. It would be so much
easier to just show you!)

  A couple of employers (and several years) ago, we had FM templates that used
a figure caption paragraph format, and if–when you inserted the anchored
frame–you followed some certain procedure (which of course I cannot find and
only vaguely remember) you could get the paragraph to align itself relative to
the level of indentation of the preceding paragraph. Long story short, that
company got sold, and the other writers have long been scattered to the winds.

  So, now I'm trying to reinvent the wheel. I tried messing around with where I
insert the anchored frame and the various combinations of anchored frame
positioning and alignment, but I can't seem to get it working.  Seems like we
had a shortcut keystroke set up, maybe with a .cfg file or something, but you
could manually make it happen even without using the shortcut. Does anyone on
this list have any ideas?  Brainstorming would be helpful!  :-)

  Thanks,
  Rene Stephenson

Rene L. Stephenson
eNovative Solutions, Inc.
Business Phone: 678-513-0051
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Art Campbell                                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                            No disclaimers apply.
                                    DoD 358