Hi Natalie,

The zoom setting for a document gets saved with the document. You can also set the zoom for all of the files in a book, although you can only choose from several settings. If you have FrameScript, you could set all of the FrameMaker files on your hard drive to any zoom percent you want.

Instead of a huge monitor, you are probably better off with a two-monitor setup. I have 2 19-inch flat panel monitors. I use the right monitor for email, dialog boxes, etc., and use the left monitor for my main work area. In my opinion, even 2 17-inch monitors would be better than one big monitor.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267
www.frameexpert.com

Can I specify the size of the window that opens when I open a new file?
Sometimes the window opens at 120% sometimes it opens as a rectangle, and
other times it just opens the file and is minimized at the bottom of the
screen. My objective is to have the window open at 83% so I can view the
info without having to resize the windows.

At times,  I wish I had a HUGE monitor to organize all the open files,
structure box, tools, designer boxes, etc. that I have to work with at one
time. How do you all organize your workspace?

Natalie Bircher
Technical Writer
BackStreet Media
Phone: 320-843-4337
Fax: 320-842-4236

Email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]