Hi Natalie...

If you're working on binary FM files (not opening an XML file), it *should* open to the size, zoom, and position that it was last saved. If you have the document minimized and you do a "Save All Files" .. it'll reopen in a minimized state. Or possibly someone else has been working on these files, and they are getting saved in other states.

We have a plugin called RestoreWindows that lets you specify the size, position and zoom for new or opened document windows, as well as the state and position of the other catalogs, palettes, and windows. You can use the 30-day trial to give it a whirl.

   http://www.leximation.com/tools/info/restorewindows.php

This is most useful for XML files, but also alleviates the problem you describe in a multi-user environment.

...scott

Scott Prentice
Leximation, Inc.
www.leximation.com
+1.415.485.1892

Natalie Bircher wrote:
Can I specify the size of the window that opens when I open a new file?
Sometimes the window opens at 120% sometimes it opens as a rectangle, and
other times it just opens the file and is minimized at the bottom of the
screen. My objective is to have the window open at 83% so I can view the
info without having to resize the windows.

At times,  I wish I had a HUGE monitor to organize all the open files,
structure box, tools, designer boxes,  etc. that I have to work with at one
time. How do you all organize your workspace?

Natalie Bircher

Technical Writer

BackStreet Media

Phone: 320-843-4337
Fax: 320-842-4236

Email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]