See my comments below, preceded by >>>>>>>>>>

Peter Gold wrote:
This has been asked in various permutations and answered with a variety of
suggested solutions, on one or another of the FrameMaker forums. A Google
search for framemaker page numbering, or framemaker custom page numbering,
should turn up one or more discussions.

Usually one suggestion is to create a small flow-tagged master-page text
frame on the master for the particular body page, Left, in this case, to
hold page numbers.  Then on the first left body page, tag the paragraph
marker in the text frame with a numbered format that's set to start at top
of column, and press enter a lot of times to push numbers into all existing
pages.