From: Scott Prentice Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 3:50 PM
To: Pinkham, Jim
Cc: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: Tracing the Lineage of Text Insets

Hi Jim...

A quick test shows me that the name of the referenced inset is visible
as plain text within the binary FM file (FM7.2). I can't say for sure
that this is 100% reliable, but I'll bet that it is. You should be able
to do a text search (using a reliable tool .. not the default Windows
Search) of the suspect inset host files using the filename of the inset.

The only other way I know of would be with an FDK plugin or FrameScript
that would crawl the directory structure, open each file and look for
the inset .. I don't think that such a plugin/script exists, but it
would be fairly simple to create.

Good luck!

...scott

Scott Prentice
Leximation, Inc.
www.leximation.com
+1.415.485.1892

Pinkham, Jim wrote:
I've learned of an error in a text inset for one of our manuals. It poses the obvious question of how many other manuals may carry the same error. Is there a streamlined way to determine which manuals may contain a particular text inset -- short of opening all 62 books and running the archive plug-in on each? TIA,
Jim