I'm on the build side of the house and its my writers who pick and
choose what they use in terms of formats. I have to react and support
what they do or provide workarounds. I'm not sure if OLE is 100% of the
problem or not, we have only had a few instances of this problem in the
thousands of files that are in our build process. This may have been
going on for sometime, but our old build process wasn't displaying these
same errors, so that is one curiosity about all of this that bothers me
the most. It would be a different story if suddenly I had a new writer
that was starting to do things this way, I would be more willing to say
DON'T DO THIS. But as this is something that has been going through the
previous build with no detectible problems it makes it a little harder
to set this rule.

Ultimately, if I can't make the build work, we will come back and say
don't do this and when we find instances of embedding, we will have the
writer rework the files.

FYI, I haven't really paid attention to the formats that we use for
graphics, I just used the jpeg as it was what the tool (SnagIt) produced
I think by default.

..dan

***************
Dan Vint
Engineer Sr.
BEA Systems

Home: 510-522-4703 (generally working from home)
Office: 408-570-8554
IM Yahoo: dvint1_99

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally
privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received
this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete
it.