On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 13:01:21 +0200, "Carrie Baker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Can I create a cross reference to somewhere, when the text that
>appears in the cross reference is something that I type in, and not
>the text that appears in Heading 2 (i.e. will say xy statistics, even
>though the header it jumps to is called Displaying xy statistics)?

The simplest way to do that is to use hyperlinks instead of
cross-references.  First put a hypertext newlink marker in the
destination paragraph, with a unique name for the para.  Put a
hypertext gotolink marker with the same name in the referencing
paragraph at the text you want to use as the hotspot.  Apply
a character format to the hotspot text, including the gotolink
marker.  Then the hotspot text will act like a cross-reference
in your PDF or HTML output.
  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://www.omsys.com/