> William White wrote:

>> I recently had a situation where I had been working on a dual monitor setup
>> and had inadvertently left a dialog parked on my secondary monitor. Then I
>> closed out of FM. When I relaunched FM, the secondary monitor was not
>> available for some reason, meaning that the open dialog was out of view. I
>> finally had to attach a secondary monitor to find the errant dialog.
>>
>> User error, to be sure, but still an unnecessary hassle.

If it happens again, remember that you can edit the maker.ini file's
[DialogLayout] section to reposition your dialog boxes.  (That would be
the Documents and Settings maker.ini, not the Program Files maker.ini file.)

To put your Character Designer in the upper left, for example, find the
CFormat line and change it to "CFormat=1, 1".  Save and exit, restart FM.

Or just delete the CFormat line, and FM will read the position from the
Program Files maker.ini.

Another useful trick to remember is the Windoze shortcuts.  If your
dialog box is off-monitor, make it the active window by choosing its
command from the menu (or by typing the keyboard shortcut), then type
Alt+spacebar to activate the title bar menu, and type M for Move.
(Important! Do not move your mouse!)  Experiment with holding down
different arrow keys until the dialog box comes back into view.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

I'll stop saying Microsoft is arrogant when
Windows stops saying "Welcome" and instead asks "May I?"