From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2008 7:02 PM
To: Hedley Finger; Frame Users
Subject: Re: More like a flicker than a Blaze

Truthfully, I'd use Oxygen rather than Blaze for an XHTML editor. Or
I'd use a couple of other apps, which even when taken as a group are
less expensive than would be Blaze. And have a learning curve that
isn't as steep. The requirement to design isn't one that I would give
to all authors, though the input of data I would, and that can be
done with text editors, much as is done with Arbortext apps.

Scott

At 9:54 AM +1100 3/20/08, Hedley Finger wrote:
>Blaze the FrameMaker killer?  Don't make me laugh.
>
>What about a named style for everything?  What about smart
>cross-references?  What about variables?  What about advanced search
>and replace for anything?  What about diagnostic reports?
>
>XHTML, not even XML.  No DITA.
>
>Adobe will be able to have a good laugh and sink back into its
>customary state of complacency.
>
>Frame killer?  Frame tickler.
>
>And I wanted so much for it to be an advanced XML-based editor with
>CSS3 page layout styling, or even a nifty XSL-FO styler.  Breathe
>easy Arbortext.
>
>Regards,
>Hedley
>
>P.S.  But if I want an advanced XHTML editor for my web site, this
>baby will do.
>

>--
>Hedley Stewart Finger
>28 Regent Street   Camberwell VIC 3124   Australia
>Tel. +61 3 9809 1229   Mobile +61 412 461 558,
>E-mail <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/gflato%40nanometrics
.com