-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Combs, Richard
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 7:12 AM
To: Erin Huff; framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: RE: Problems when exporting to PDF from FM8

Erin Huff wrote:

> I have found a problem with exporting a FM8 book to PDF.
> When I export/save as PDF and then open the file in Acrobat I will
usually
> find that some of my information (Headers, table rows, variables,
etc...)
> are missing from my PDF, even though they are present in the FM8 file.
> I always update and save the book and all included files before
exporting.
> I have tried exporting to PDF every single way I can from FM and it
will
> not export all the information.
> I have the latest updates for FM8.
> Am using Distiller 7.0 and Acrobat Professional 7.0
> The last time I tried to PDF I spend over thirty minutes trying to PDF
and
> finally had to have a coworker PDF for me.
> Does anyone know of a way to solve this?

Is your coworker successfully creating PDFs from the books that give you
trouble? Then you need to analyze what the differences are between your
setup and your coworker's.

Are there any errors recorded in the log files?

It could be a font problem. Go to Distiller's Adobe PDF Settings dialog,
Fonts page, and make sure that it's set to embed fonts. And set When
embedding fails to Cancel job. That way, if it's a missing (or
unembeddable) font, at least you'll know. :-)

HTH!
Richard

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer