Thanks for your help, Jacob!

I thought Framemaker was able to import Ventura files. At least in FM7, I can
select the
file type Ventura Publisher, and when I select a chp file, FM automatically
suggest this
file type. But obviously, things are more difficult than I first thought.

Also, is Ventura 10 really able to open all older Ventura file formats? I doubt
this, but
will try. My idea was to use Ventura (whatever version), save the existing
files in a
version FM understands and then import those into FM. At least, that' what some
people
seem to have managed.

Best regards,
Lutz