Les Winberg wrote:> I recently started a new job, 2 days ago, and I noticed
that a document I
> was given is Standard FM but has Structured FM selected in the Preferences.
> My boss told me it was OK but I think it could cause a problem.

Note that the Preferences apply on a per-user basis rather than a per-file
basis.
The Preferences settings get written into the secondary maker.ini file that is
in your user directory and are read each time you launch FrameMaker.  In
other words, it's actualy your installation that is set to open with the
structured
user interface as the default rather than any property that is set in the file.
And as others have noted, having the structured interface as the default does
not preclude you from working normally with non-structured files.

-Fred Ridder