Well,

I'd venture the minority opinion that I'd rather have the warning
messages display, even if they're a false warning... If I'm opening a
new document, I'd much rather know that I may be blowing away
structured info (the warning appears when you're opening a correctly
structured doc too, as far as I know) before I do it.

And... I think a key statement is: "If multiple people (with
differently set FM structure modes) are working with such documents, "
-- in most production environments, including those that include
routine translation, there should be tight enough control that only
one flavor of a program (in this case, the structured interface of FM
is in use).

Art

Art Campbell
                                                      No disclaimers apply.