From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com on behalf of Shlomo Perets
Sent: Tue 3/31/2009 10:46 AM
To: Reid Gray; framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: PDF create with FMbatch fails --doh!

Reid,

You wrote:

>We build our books here with FMbatch on a --you guessed it-- Solaris machine.
>
>We check them out of source control and build them automagically, but as
>you can see from the noise below a book I just created from scratch on my
>Windows machine is not playing nice with FMbatch.
>
>Earlier I had an error on pg 18.  I saved the book as MIF (exported
>really).  Then opened the MIF and saved as Frame 8 to dispell the demons
>as it were.
>
>So, it looks like the bad behavior has moved to p 3, which is kind of a
>good thing.  --I guess Adobe must build its books in reverse.  Anyhow, if
>you have any ideas what might be plaguing me here please give a
>shout.  I'm going home.
>
>Reid
>
>CID support library initialization completed.
>%%[ Warning: Empty job. No PDF file produced. ] %%
>Normalizer 8.0.
>UsePrologue is false.
>%%[ Warning: Empty job. No PDF file produced. ] %%
>Done
>%%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: pdfmark; ErrorInfo: Rect  ]%%
>Stack:
>/ANN
>/Link
>/Subtype
>/G3.998318
>/D
>/GoToR

Is it possible that you are using the initial release of FM8.0?  The
initial FM8.0 release handled link information incorrectly (missing two
angle brackets in the definition of the link's action in the PS file).

Check whether you can update FM8 (applying available patches).

If not, as a workaround: turn Tagged PDF on (without selecting specific
tags) in FM's PDF Setup dialog box

[note: I don't generally recommend producing "Tagged PDFs" from FrameMaker]

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com <http://www.microtype.com/>
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat TimeSavers/Assistants
Template Design, Single Sourcing, FM-to-PDF & Acrobat courses

http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/florama%40westinghouse.com