In Frame, you don't have to worry too much about this. You just set up
the table to have so many header rows, and they show up on subsequent pages.

It sounds like you are in the paradigm-shift phase, where you have a
certain conception of how to do things, Frame isn't living up to them,
and you are getting annoyed with Frame. I know this always happens to me
when I learn a new tool!

Stay with it. But when you get to autonumbering, remember -- we're here!