From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com on behalf of Andersen, Verner Engell
VEA
Sent: Fri 6/26/2009 4:30 AM
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: OT: Use of "please" in technical documentation and messages on screen

Hi
Once I learned that you shouln't use the word "please" in technical
documentation - that it was like asking the reader to do you favor.

Does this still hold true? Is it OK to have this message displayed on
the screen of our user interface?

"We are updating the result list, please wait"

Best regards,

Verner

Radiometer Medical ApS
Akandevej 21
2700 Bronshoj
Denmark
Phone: +45 38 27 38 27
CVR: 27 50 91 85

Please be advised that this email may contain confidential information.
 If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy or
re-transmit this email.  If you have received this email in error,
please notify us by email by replying to the sender and by telephone
(call us collect at +1 202-828-0850) and delete this message and any
attachments.  Thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance.

In addition, Danaher and its subsidiaries disclaim that the content of
this email constitutes an offer to enter into, or the acceptance of,
any
contract or agreement or any amendment thereto; provided that the
foregoing disclaimer does not invalidate the binding effect of any
digital or other electronic reproduction of a manual signature that is
included in any attachment to this email.
http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/rgray%40interactivesupercomputing.com