If everything else is working, I'd open the .png with a photo editor other
than the one you used to create it and do a SaveAs PNG again, and try the
import a second time with the new file.

Most times when I've had a problem importing graphics, it's turned out to be
a problem with the source graphic file...

And if your system's been up a while, it wouldn't hurt to clear and reclaim
memory by rebooting....

Cheers,
Art

Art Campbell
         art.campb...@gmail.com
 "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and a
redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                     No disclaimers apply.
                                                              DoD 358