In terms of the ability to "see PDFs like they do," having Adobe Reader
on the same system as Adobe Acrobat is not going to assist you. In terms
of proper engineering and QA discipline, such testing should occur on a
system that has only the operating system installed, no "extra fonts"
installed, and Adobe Reader set with all default options. Otherwise, your
tests are somewhat polluted by your environment.

Dov, we use this feature for 'testing' PDFs in which we have enabled Acrobat Reader rights. We have a lot of clients who simply will not spend the money to get Acrobat, so either we give them Reader-enabled PDFs or they send us <<shudder>> hardcopy edits. No idea why, but sometimes that rights-enabling doesn't 'stick', and we've sent a client a PDF they could not add edits to. So now we always open the saved PDF in Reader to double-check it can indeed be edited in Reader (on a separate computer that hasn't got Acrobat, I hasten to add).

tori