Framers,  I know this is way off topic - but knowing how much knowledge
there is on here, I'm hoping somebody can point me to a good resource or
forum to help.

I'm trying to get vector images from Solidworks e-drawings into
FrameMaker and then to PDF.  However in the resulting PDF, the vectors
draw so slowly on the page that it is causing problems for our readers.

The path we are taking is:

Print from e-drawings to .ps file

Open .ps file in CorelDraw and save as .eps (or .wmf or .pdf - the end
result is the same)

Import .eps into Frame and then make PDF as normal

I think the source of the problem is the original .ps files, because
they are so complex (some images have 38,000+ objects in them).

If anybody knows how I can achieve better results, or can direct me to a
more appropriate forum or user group, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,

Jo Watkiss