Sounds like the entire drawing is being converted (which with
thousands of components is a lot of layers), but you only really need
the skin or outer layer.

You'll probably have to have one of the CAD guys toggle that on or off
before they generate the PDF.

I'd also look on the Solidworks site for file viewers and browsers.
Most CAD outfits offer these for free, and many of them can generate a
PDF (if not automagically, by printing to the Acrobat printer, and
that's likely to be a version you can use.

Art

Art Campbell
               art.campb...@gmail.com
                                                      No disclaimers apply.