Fellow Framers,

I have a conundrum...

I have a huge body of work for one client done in FrameMaker. They want me to
do more work than I can handle alone. I have two colleagues who work with
InDesign, who might be able to help out. Would it be easier to migrate all my
FrameMaker files to InDesign, or migrate my colleagues to FrameMaker?

An unfair question - particularly as I'm not giving you much detail - but an
interesting one! I use both Frame and ID. Horses for courses, normally, but
this is an odd situation. The client is after a quick fix, naturally, but
neither option would appear to be very straightforward.

The FrameMaker route: I would have to migrate my colleagues to Windows too
(we're all Mac users; I'm now really happy running Frame under XP/Parallels
Desktop for Mac). Then they would have to learn Frame.

The InDesign route: I would have to spend a lot of time getting fairly
complicated Frame book files working in InDesign. Conditional builds, text
insets, variables, markers, tables, etc etc.

<light blue touchpaper>
<stand well back>
<await flack>

Martin

Martin Ley, Em-Dash Publications
84 High Street, Burwell, CAMBRIDGE, CB25 0HD

T   +44 1638 744173           M  +44 7803 297354
W  em-dash.com     E  mar...@em-dash.com
VAT 823339730          Skype   +44 1223 969925