Hi, all.

My manuals use chapter numbering, so an index entry for page 3 of chapter 5
comes out like this:

Apple pie recipe, 5-3

The front matter has roman numerals with no prefixes, so a reference to
Technical Support in the Preface should look like this:

Technical Support, xiii

However, because the Index marker set up on the Reference page assumes there is
a chapter number prefix for every entry, the Technical Reference Support looks
like this:

4-xiii, or 1-xiii, or 0-xiii

depending on how I set the numbering property.

I know I could solve the problem by moving to straight-through numbering, or by
moving the Tech Support information to some other location in a regular
chapter, but there are problems with both these solutions. Right now, I want to
stick with figuring out how to use Frame correctly to create the entry I want,
which would be

Tech Support, xiii

I know how to set up a new IX format in the Reference page of the Index, which
would use only the <$pagenum> variable.

What I can't figure out is, how do I assign that format to the Preface entry
only?

Thanks for all suggestions.

--Nancy