"imorting EPS into FrameMaker generate only a gray box" because you're
creating an EPS without a TIF preview.

Segueing from "I often get these with AI formatted files" to "not
starting from AI" isn't a pleasant experience for anyone trying to
help with your issue. The more/better information you give up front
the better answers you'll get.

--
Steve Johnson, dr_go...@pobox.com