Timothy DeWees wrote:

> I've got a very large document where we are using a table with no title
> to handle two-column text. Often, the separated "title" will be a
> heading 3 or 4, etc.  How can I get the heading 3 paragraph to stay
> with the table below it rather than breaking across a page? I selected
> "keep with next paragraph", but I'm not sure frame sees that table as a
> paragraph. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Stuart offered a good solution to your specific problem. But I'm wondering
about your first sentence. Why are you using a table to "handle two-column
text" instead of two-column text frames (via appropriately laid-out custom
master pages)? You can define the appropriate heading pgf formats to span all
columns and sideheads.

Do you need to switch from one column to two columns at random places in the
flow? Or only at page breaks?

If the latter, you can map master pages to specific paragraph tags. If the
former, you could put the heading into the first row of the table (straddle the
cells). Or you could use a two-column text frame inside an anchored frame. The
best approach depends a lot on how much two-column content there is, whether
that portion has to flow across pages, etc.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom