From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Deanna Korth
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:48 AM
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Collaborate with PDF-based roundtrip reviews?

Hi,

We are migrating from FrameMaker 7.2 to FrameMaker 11. In our current workflow,
we create a PDF file and use Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional to enable
commenting in it so that reviewers who don't have FrameMaker can electronically
review and comment on our FrameMaker documents. We then merge the electronic
comments into the PDF file and manually change the FrameMaker files accordingly.

For FrameMaker 11, Adobe advertises, "Collaborate with PDF-based roundtrip
reviews." I've searched, but I can't find how these types of reviews are
implemented. Can you briefly explain how this feature works? Mainly I want to
know if we need to purchase Adobe Acrobat Professional X to retain our ability
to solicit electronic reviews from reviewers who don't have FrameMaker or if
the need for Acrobat Professional is eliminated by this feature in FrameMaker
11.

Thanks,

Deanna.