Steve Rickaby wrote:

> I have a lot of new in-book xrefs to add, so I am finding the first such
> instance,
> setting up the xref, then copy/pasting it to all other required locations in
> the book.
>
> What's happening is that I get no unresolved xrefs, but after I've closed the
> book
> files and then reopened them, many of the pasted copies of the xref have
> become
> unresolved (maybe those that were pasted into a different chapter to the one
> from
> which the original xref was copied, but I've not checked for this in detail).

I just tested this, it works like that for me too. (FM9)
The xref you paste into a different file will become unresolved. Basically it
will try and find the xref marker in the current file, instead of the file you
copied the xref from.

There is a workaround:
1. Paste the xref into a different chapter.
2. resolve the xref. The xref will now contain a reference to the correct file.
3. Copy the resolved xref
4. Now you can paste the xref from step 3 into all other chapters.

Harro de Jong
Triview