That's one of the reasons I prefer to put all my content into a single
.fm file. My books typically have only three or four files:
booknameFM.fm for front matter used only for PDF, booknameTOC.fm, and
sometimes booknameIX.fm.

Once upon a time computers weren't powerful enough to handle a
200-page .fm file, but that hasn't been the case for a long time.