Hi Shelly

Sounds like you've got a solution, which is great.

In case you or others are interested, we deal with covers by making a
separate 1-page PDF from the graphics program (currently Illustrator).
In our FM file, we put a "holding" page. Once we've made the final PDF
from Framemaker, we use Acrobat Pro to replace the holding page with the
real cover page, which takes a few seconds to do.

Cheers
Rebecca

>>> "Shelly Schneider" <she...@softest.com> 6/03/13 17:56 >>>

I have cover art using a PDF file. The cover bleeds on all edges. I
have been using this from at least Frame 7 up through Frame 10, with no
issues. My company purchased FrameMaker 11 and Acrobat Pro 11 for a new
64 bit computer.  Frame hangs when I try to Save as PDF or  print to .ps
using the Adobe PDF printer, both with the latest updates.  A one-page
frame file with just the cover will hang. Other, smaller  pdfs sprinkled
throughout my docs cause no problems. If I replace the cover art with a
jpg or png file, I can make a pdf, but the quality is not the same.

I reported this to Adobe support, and they worked with me for a while,
but they were unable to reproduce the problem, so that was no help. Has
anyone else had this problem and found a solution that won’t require me
to replace the cover art in all my docs?

I finally found that I can save the cover art as eps with a preview,
and get an excellent quality pdf using the eps art. Yay! And the preview
prevents Frame from displaying eps files as those off-putting gray
boxes, so I’ll use that if necessary.

Thank you!!
Shelly Schneider

notify Allied Telesis Labs Ltd immediately.
be the views of Allied Telesis Labs.