Lin Sims wrote:

> My concern with doing that sort of thing was that Edwin said there were
> hundreds of
> files to be updated. Opening that many either all at once or one by one, as
> Frame
> does when the files aren't already open, could tie up even the most robust
> system
> for a long time.

One of my first FrameMaker jobs 15 years ago in Frame 4 on a Sun platform, was
to update hundreds of files with new variable values. I used the same approach,
dropping all the files in a single book. It took a while, but it did work. If
it was possible back then on a system with 100x less memory than you'd have
available now...

;-)

Harro de Jong
Triview