Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 12:15:10 -0700
Subject: Cleaning Character Formats
From: karendes...@gmail.com
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com

I want to remove rogue character formats and replace them with correct ones.
I've used Character Tools to generate a list of formats by file so I know which
ones are in each document of my book. I choose "Character Format..." in the
Find/Change palette, type the character format name in the entry field, check
the "Consider Case" checkbox, check the "Document" radio button to check only
the open document, and click "Find."

Usually, the "Find Character Format" dialog appears. I can't possibly remember
all the properties I assigned to every format I created, and certainly wouldn't
know the properties of a rogue or legacy style that I didn't create. I just
want to find the format by the name assigned to it. Shouldn't those names
appear in the scrollable entry field of the Find/Change palette, the same way
paragraph styles do? (Not even default character styles show up.) Must I
generate a long CT report on all styles to get the properties to complete this
dialog?

If I close this dialog and try again, a "Specify the character format to find"
alert appears.

My documents have only an A flow. I doubt the character format I'm looking for
would be on a master page. Even if a style or two were in an unanchored box,
for example, that doesn't explain all styles not being available or found.

I'm sure this is a case of user error. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Karen

http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/docudoc%40hotmail.com