Read my note again. I didn't say CS6 would stop working. I said that files created in the CC version may not always be backward compatible with CS6. Right now, I don't know if CC has introduced any features that create files that aren't backward compatible, but each new edition of Photoshop tends to do so-- smart objects, etc.

Mike