Karen Robbins wrote:

> How can a paragraph tag that doesn't exist get into the book HTML mapping
> table?
> After revising an existing book and preparing for HTML output, I was checking
> the book HTML mapping table when I noticed an entry for a paragraph tag that
> is completely alien to anything used by our publication now or ever. That tag
> wasn't in last year's mapping table. I searched the current book for that
> format, and it was not found.
> While other obsolete/ghost paragraph tags repeatedly make their way into the
> mapping table, I'm not so concerned with those as with this one that is new
> and radically different. Where could it have come from, and how can I stop
> rogue formats from creeping into my documents through this path?

Several list members have offered useful explanations/advice. I just want to
point out that there's no use fretting about it in any case. :-) If that
paragraph format isn't being used (there are no instances of it in the
document), then the mapping table entry for it is never invoked and has no
effect. All it does is add a (very) few bytes to the file size. :-)

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom