From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Gutierrez, Anita
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2014 11:50 AM
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Frame not working this morning

Hi Framers,

This is a new one for me.  Frame 10.0.2.419, Windows 7. Frame was
functioning normally on Friday.  (I get the digest so please copy me on any
answers.)

My computer seems to have spontaneously rebooted over the weekend.

First thing this morning, I opened a *.book file, and then tried to open an
*.fm file from the book.  Frame crashed (Internal error etc.).  I tested
every file in the book and all crashed.

I then opened a different *.book file and tried again-all files crashed.

Next, I opened a *.fm file direcly from Windows Explorer (without first
opening the book). The document "opened" showing a big white blank-no text,
frames, borders, symbols, nothing.  Just white.

When I select File > Close, the "do you want to save" window opens and
suddenly I can see my document in the background-the content is all there
like it was Friday.  However, I can't edit the content since the save dialog
is open. If I click Cancel in the save window, the doc window goes back to
white.  Clicking Yes or No in the save window has no effect-next time I open
it I see the same thing. This is true no matter how I open the file (from
its book, from Windows Explorere, or File > Open).

With the document open and displaying only white, I can insert a
cross-reference or type (although I'm doing this blind, so it's not a viable
workaround).  When I select File > Close, again I can see the changes
reflected in the doc. Clicking Cancel again takes me back to white.

I tried saving the file as a .mif. In Notepad, it looks like every other
.mif-but in Frame, it looks the same as the .fm-blank window.

The good (or less bad) news is that ever since I opened the .fm files
directly from Windows Explorer this morning, I can now open them from the
*.book context and Frame doesn't crash.  It just shows the blank windows.

I've tried files from 4 different books so far and  all get the same
results.

Any tips are most appreciated

Anita