From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Chris Despopoulos
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2014 4:51 AM
To: Theresa de Valence; framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: Is there a fast way to wrap unstructured text into [Para] tags?

Open the HTML in a browser.  The idea of Smart Paste is that it knows how to
take different formats of data on the clipboard and convert it to the given
Maker Structure App on the fly.  Under the covers it uses an XSLT -- But It
think the DITA Topic struct app comes with Smart Paste already set up.
DocBook may also be set up.

Anyway, if you opened the chapter in Maker, then it should be a ton of body
paragraphs, with maybe a title, right?  In that case, saving as HTML will
create a ton of <p> elems.  Copy those from the browser, and Smart Paste
will turn them into a bunch of DITA <p> elems.  I guess this is kind of
round-about.  But it looks like it would be very easy, and let the computer
do most of the work.

*  Open your chapter in Maker

*  Save as HTML

*  Open HTML in browser

*  Open a new DITA topic in Maker

*  Select the chapter and copy from the browser

*  Put the insertion point in the DITA topic/body and choose Smart Paste

Now you have the chapter in Maker, with structure.

Smart Paste will go further than that...  It can do lists and tables, for
example.  And nesting (I believe).  It's just my latest favorite feature, so
I figure you should use it for everything, including databases and cleaning
your closet.  :)

cud

  _____