Did you try inserting a table under the sidehead, with the table entirely
in the sidehead area?
Or maybe use a spin on the two-cell warning-icon-in-the-sidehead, and have
a two column table with the left column matching the width of the sidehead
and the right the text column. Could probably do this with multiple tables,
all anchored sequentially to the same anchor tag.

Art Campbell
          art.campb...@gmail.com
  "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and
a redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                      No disclaimers apply.
                                                               DoD 358

I support www.TheGrotonLine.com, hyperlocal news for Groton MA.