From: John Sgammato [mailto:john.sgamm...@actifio.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2014 11:31 AM
To: Harding, Dan
Cc: framers
Subject: Re: MIF2GO questions

Dan, if you're on FM12, try the Save as RTF feature - it is hugely improved
over previous versions.

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 11:49 AM, Harding, Dan
<dhard...@illinois.edu<mailto:dhard...@illinois.edu>> wrote:
I am taking a stab at trying to get reasonable RTF/Word output from Frame
(yeah, I know...) via MIF2Go. Being an absolute newbie to MIF2Go and finding
the 1100+ page user manual as clear as mud (it seems to be written for people
who already know how to use MIF2Go, not for the uninitiated), I'm seeing some
behavior that appears to be incorrect, but I'm not certain.

Environment: FrameMaker 12 (TCS5), Windows 7 Enterprise, 64-bit.

I have done all the initial setup and can get RTF output from MIF2Go using the
default settings. The problem comes when I try to customize things:

When I select "Set Up Mif2Go Export" from the File menu, some of the interface
options in the resulting window are disabled. For example the button next to
Path which presumably would allow me to browse to another folder does nothing
when clicked, nor do the Configure, Add, or Modify buttons.

When setting up the project, if I choose either Word or Frame template, the
browse buttons do not work and I cannot alter the filenames in the text boxes.

What gives? Is this by design and everything must be done via .ini file editing
(in which case why bother having a UI component?) or is there some
incompatibility with FM12/TCS5 on my system?

I find the various cascading .ini files in a myriad of different locations to
be confusing. Also, once I have gotten to the configuration screen for Word
template and export options vs. Frame Template and set it once, I can never
find that screen again to adjust settings. Is that related to the interface
weirdness, i.e., should the "Modify" button or one of the others bring me back
to that screen?

Thanks in advance.

-Dan

You are currently subscribed to framers as
john.sgamm...@actifio.com<mailto:john.sgamm...@actifio.com>.

Send list messages to
framers@lists.frameusers.com<mailto:framers@lists.frameusers.com>.

framers-unsubscr...@lists.frameusers.com<mailto:framers-unsubscr...@lists.frameusers.com>