Hi Pam,

If you want to force the chapter-start to the right side, the technicians
will need to print double-sided unfortunately.

To do this, go to *Format > Page Layout > Pagination* (I work in FM10 so
apologies if the menu items or options are slightly different, but I
believe they're still the same)

You want:

   - *Double Sided*
   - 1st Page Side = *Right*
   - Before saving and printing = *Make Page Count Even* -> This option
   will leave a blank page at the end of the chapter if the text ends on a
   odd-numbered page.

You may need to adjust your templates to match as well.

HTH.

Give me a shout if anything's not clear.

Regards,
Sam (fellow sole techwriter, and only FM user here)

On 9 February 2015 at 22:43, Pam Harper <phar...@bailiwick.com> wrote:

>  This is not one of the joys of being the only techwriter and Frame user
> here because this may be a simple question, but I’ve spent too many hours
> trying to figure this out, and so far no success. I develop manuals in
> Frame 12 that are PDF’d for cable and equipment technicians who must print
> them out before leaving for new installs.
>
> Usually I have set up the docs for single side with no right or left
> master pages (which looks awful when printed out).
>
> I’m working on a 180 page doc that I am setting up for a first page and
> left/right pages for every chapter in the book (although the first three
> don’t need that, I think). The first three sections of the doc are the
> cover (two pages—front and copyright), change page, and TOC. The fourth
> section, or chapter, is the installation chapter followed by separate
> appendices.  How do I set up the book so that odd-numbered pages print out
> on the right side?
>
> I’d also would like to force each section to begin on the right side—how
> do I do that? Is putting in a blank page the only way to do that? This may
> not be too popular with technicians who already complain about the size of
> the docs.
>
> Pam Harper

> or visit
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/samantha.nair%40smoothwall.net
>
> Send administrative questions to listad...@frameusers.com. Visit

Samantha Nair
Software Technical Author

*smoothwall*
samantha.n...@smoothwall.com
www.smoothwall.com

Head Office : 1 John Charles Way, Leeds, LS12 6QA, United Kingdom
Tech Office : Eagle Point, Little Park Farm Road, Fareham, PO15 5TD, United
Kingdom
US Office : 8008 Corporate Center Dr #410, Charlotte, NC 28226, United
States

Telephone: UK: +44 870-199-9500 US: +1 800-959-3760

 <https://www.facebook.com/smoothwall?ref=hl>   [image:
http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/smoothwallweb/twitter.png]
<https://twitter.com/Smoothwall>   [image:
http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/smoothwallweb/googleplus.png]
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/105975318877636922166/posts>   [image:
circle_test] <http://smoothwall.uservoice.com/forums/145832-general>   [image:
linkedin_test] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/smoothwall-ltd>

Smoothwall Limited is registered in England, Company Number: 4298247 and
whose registered address is 1 John Charles Way, Leeds, LS12 6QA United
Kingdom.
This email and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential to the
intended recipient(s) and may not be communicated to any other person or
published by any means without the permission of Smoothwall Ltd. Any
opinions stated in this message are solely those of the author.