It does a bit, doesn't it? I've never really dug into Distiller, so I'm
going to spend some time with the PDF Creation Settings manual and see if
it sheds any light on the issue.

This is the first job I've ever had that actually created a customized
joboptions file. Always before, I picked Standard. However, the people
controlling that sort of thing are no longer in control, so I'm free to
explore a bit and see if there's something that works better. Especially
since I suspect it hasn't been looked at in a long time. Would you believe,
it was still set to be compatible with Acrobat 4.0?

--
Lin Sims