You could set up an automated master page to do this. If you need information
on how to do so let me know and I'll try to build a document to put on my site
with instructions (that goes for the whole list, but again, email me off list
if you are interested).

Basically you set up a special paragraph (say, FigureRotated) that appears at
the top of a page. If there is no need for a caption, set this paragraph to
have about 1440pts below.

Now build a custom master page based on your defaults and rotate the page. Then
counter-rotate the text frame and size it as needed.

Once done, set up your reference pages (this is a bit of a headache since they
don't have default layouts for this feature) by using the Format > Page Layout
> Apply Master Pages as well as the code in the reference pages. Note that you
may have to do this a couple of times for the set up to 'work'. I detail it in
the Advanced FrameMaker book (also available for purchase on my site) in an
entire chapter, so it's not just a 'point and click' type of feature to set up.
Once done, it's great. Sort of like numbering in FrameMaker; not fun to set up
but great to use once done :)

Bernard

Bernard Aschwanden
Publishing Technologies Expert