Has anyone heard how many Adobe//Macromedia employees have been laid
off as a result of the merger? I think it's being announced today.

Poor souls. Being laid off is no fun at the best of times, but one week
before Christmas? That's gotta hurt. I guess they'll have little to
cheer about in the New Year.

Adobe vice president for Europe, Pierre Van Beneden, has said: "Other
workers in Europe, for example, some in the UK, may be offered jobs in
Nordic regions or Eastern Europe..." I guess they can always get jobs
working on Microsoft's Acrylic or Apple's Aperture.

Paul